Several times a year we offer America's Boating Course to the public.
This unique study program covers the fundamental of boating. It is designed for skippers and crew of all types of watercraft. Topics covered will include:
- General information about boats and maintenance
- How to make your boating experience safer and more comfortable
- Tips on being a more courteous boat operator
- Laws and regulations to which boaters must adhere
* Successful completion of this class satisfies Ohio requirements for boating education.
No person born on or after January 1, 1982, shall operate a powercraft powered by more than 10 horsepower unless the operator has received a certificate for successful completion of either of the following:
A boating course approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA);
A proficiency examination approved by the Ohio Division of Watercraft.
* Most insurance companies recognize satisfactory completion of a boat safety course by giving boat insurance discounts.
* Classes provide an opportunity to meet with others who have a common desire for fun and safe boating.
* Satisfactory completion of the course qualifies for membership in USPS thus affording the opportunity for further education in boat handling, course plotting, engine maintenance, weather, and many others.